gcc: symbol lookup error: ...libgendep.so: undefined symbol: dlsym
Wesley Miaw
2011-11-03 00:32:39 UTC

I saw someone ran into this same problem a couple of years ago but I
didn't see a solution posted. I just updated my OS to Ubuntu 11 and all of
a sudden I am hitting this error when I run make setup and target either
x86 or ARM.

gcc: symbol lookup error: ...libgendep.so: undefined symbol: dlsym

I see -ldl on the gcc line when building libgendep.so, but when I ldd
libgendep.so it only prints linux-gate.so.1, libc.so.6, and
/lib/ld-linux.so.2.

libdl.so.2 exists and is in my ld cache.

I am using gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro) 4.6.1.

Thanks,
--
Wesley Miaw
***@wesman.net
Adam Lackorzynski
2011-11-03 10:23:24 UTC
Post by Wesley Miaw
I saw someone ran into this same problem a couple of years ago but I
didn't see a solution posted. I just updated my OS to Ubuntu 11 and all of
a sudden I am hitting this error when I run make setup and target either
x86 or ARM.
gcc: symbol lookup error: ...libgendep.so: undefined symbol: dlsym
I see -ldl on the gcc line when building libgendep.so, but when I ldd
libgendep.so it only prints linux-gate.so.1, libc.so.6, and
/lib/ld-linux.so.2.
libdl.so.2 exists and is in my ld cache.
I am using gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro) 4.6.1.
In 11.10 Ubuntu changed the default behaviour of ld.
Add -Wl,--no-as-needed after -shared in l4/tool/gendep/Makefile.

Adam
--
Adam ***@os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Lackorzynski http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~adam/